- Where and when was he born?
- After he was ordained, what was the work he did and where?
- Why did he have so much difficulty walking?
- Where did he do the majority of his ministry and how many missions did he found?
- What present day organization is named after him? What is their role?
- Discuss with your family or counselor some of the values that you admire most about Blessed Junípero Serra. What is he known for? How can you be more like him?
- Draw a picture showing some of his accomplishments. Share this picture with your family.
- Blessed Junípero Serra once traveled 900 miles before starting his first mission. Plan and participate in a fundraising event such as a 5 – 10K walk to benefit mission work in your community.
- Blessed Junípero Serra sought the famous “Regulation” protecting the Indians and the missions. Do you see any injustices in the world still? Write a “Bill of Rights” that you feel will protect those individuals. Discuss with your family or counselor some of the reasons why it is important.