Adult Recognition - Jerusalem Cross
About this Recognition:
Those who participate in the Scouting
in the Catholic Church (SitCC) course may earn the Jerusalem Cross to add to the four beads received during the course. To earn the Jerusalem Cross, you must complete the requirements below. The Jerusalem Cross is awarded at the NCCS Annual Meeting held shortly after Easter. Recipients unable to attend the annual meeting will receive the Jerusalem Cross through his/her local ecclesiastical authority for presentation after the NCCS Annual Meeting.
- Develop and deliver a mission project that serves the needs of your parish youth ministry or diocesan Catholic Scouting community. Your project is to be chosen from one of the following four areas:
Matthew: Leadership Development, Advocacy
||St. Mark: Catechesis, Evangelization
||St. Luke: Pastoral Care,
Justice & Service
||St. John: Prayer and Worship, Community Life
- Upon project completion, submit a description of your project with three letters of testimony:
- A letter from you evaluating yourself and your mission project.
- A letter from an ecclesiastical representative of your parish or diocese.
- A letter from someone who benefited from your mission project.
- In order to receive recognition, documentation must be submitted (no later than March 1 in order for presentation to be scheduled at an April NCCS annual meeting) to:
National Catholic Committee on Scouting
Include $15 (payable to NCCS) to cover the cost of the emblem, shipping, and handling.
c/o Boy Scouts of America
P.O. Box 152079
Irving, TX 75015-2079
NOTE: The Jerusalem Cross
recipients are not eligible to receive the BSA Adult religious knot.
2004 | 2005
| 2006 | 2007
| 2010 | 2011
| 2012 | 2013 | 2014