Religious Activities Committee
- Spiritual formation of Catholic youth through development and support
of exemplary scouting related activities.
- Develop and maintain religious program (retreats, Cub days, visits
to seminaries, etc.) support literature for use by diocesan committees.
Guidelines for Diocesan Events.
- Develop, plan, promote, evaluate, and support approved NCCS programs
of national impact such as NFCYM participation, the St. George Trek,
International World Youth Day, Millennium Awareness, etc.
- Encourage the selection of regional Scouting youth representatives
at National Catholic Youth Conferences (biennial)
- Recognize successful programs with the AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE certificate.
- Coordinate an "Ideas Fair" at the Biennial Meeting
- In coordination with the Chaplains Committee, keep the "A Scout
is Reverent" manual for scouts up to date.
- Oversee logistical and program planning for biennial St. George Youth
- Prepare and maintain guides for successful religious activities (e.g.,
Cub Days of Recollection, Scout Retreats, Scout Sunday programs, etc.)
- Recognize quality Scouting related religious activities with the Award
- Develop special, topical national religious activities as opportunities
present themselves (e.g., Rosary Patch, national Good Turn days, etc.)
- Prepare workshops for annual conferences (Biennial and PTC) in support
of diocesan* Activities Committees. (Cub activities, retreats, Ideas
- NFCYM (Promotion of Scout Participation)
- World Youth Day