Formation and training of adult leaders to establish and administer effective
Scouting Programs as youth ministry in Catholic institutions.
- Develop tools to form (spiritual formation) and train (develop skills)
diocesan committees to function as effective support systems for Catholic
- Develop tools for diocesan committees to form and train unit leadership
for effective ministry to youth through scouting.
- Work with committees of NCCS to maintain and update training materials
with innovative ideas and methodology as needed.
- Assist NCCS committees in the development of specialized training
and certification programs as requested.
- Review and maintain the "Scouter Development: Lay Apostolate
Formation for Scouting" adult formation program and other training
- Support the National Chaplain in coordinating the Philmont Training
Conference, "Scouting in the Catholic Church".
Make sure the conference syllabus is coherent and current.
- With the Conference and Executive Committee, coordinate Biennial Conference
Workshop Programs (biennial) to assure quality
- Develop adult training materials and programs that develop the concepts
of Catholic Scouting.
- With Religious Emblems Committee, develop a Religious Emblems Counselor
Training Outline for coordinators, counselors and moderators (facilitators)
- Investigate self-study concepts for use on the NCCS Website and by
October 23 2010