About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 of the activities.
- Brother André expressed a saint's faith by a lifelong devotion to which saint?
- An epidemic broke out at a local college where he lived. What were some of the events that transpired and what did he do?
- When asked why there is a small statue on his windowsill with Mount Royal in the background what did Saint André Bessette reply?
- What did Saint André Bessette and others plant on Mount Royal?
- How was St. Joseph honored on Mount Royal?
- When is the feast day of Saint André Bessette?
- Discuss with your family or counselor, some of the values that you admire most about Saint André Bessette. What is he known for? How can you be more like him?
- Draw a picture showing some of his accomplishments. Share this picture with your family.
- When he heard someone was ill, he visited them to bring cheer and to pray with the sick person. Visit a sick person in your parish and share some laughs.
- Saint André Bessette spent years planning and developing a shrine. Plan and execute a service project for your parish or community.
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will order the patch (Online).