Dear Friend of Catholic Scouting,
We are truly grateful for your support. Because you care, at the end of 2015 NCCS was able to provide a Catholic emphasis to more than 236,000 youth and more than 94,000 adult registered members of the 7,582 Catholic units chartered by the Boy Scouts of America.
- We are in the process of planning the 2017 St. George Trek at Philmont Scout Ranch. This will be the 25th anniversary St. George Trek! We are preparing to deliver a Catholic high adventure, leadership development and vocation discernment experience for approximately70 young men and young women. The advisers for the trek will be priests, sisters and seminarians and maybe a bishop.
- We will be providing chaplains for the Boy Scouts of America’s 2017 National Jamboree being held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve where more than 30,000 youth and 6,500 adults will attend. NCCS will again be exhibiting in the “Faith and Beliefs” area and the youth attending will learn about the Rosary and will make their own personal rosary,
- At the end of 2015 there were 105 Quality Dioceses.
- In 2016 the NCCS provided 4 full-time Catholic chaplains at Philmont Scout Ranch.
- Granted $2,000 college scholarships to 1 female Catholic Venturing Silver Awardee and 5 Catholic Eagle Scouts.
- In 2016 NCCS offered “Scouting in The Catholic Church,” our advanced course for preparing adult leaders to utilize Scouting as youth ministry, at Philmont Scout Ranch Training Center. Twenty three individuals attended the week long course.
- As of August 2016 - 11,898 religious activity patches were awarded.
- As of August 2016 - 17,272 religious emblems were sold.
We know these activities and many others are made possible by the generous contribution of time, prayer and financial support of Catholic Scouters like you. Your contribution enables Scouts and Scouters to experience the presence of Catholic religious men and women in their lives and to learn how one’s spirituality is integrated into everyday life. For your support, we are grateful!
In order to insure that these programs continue and improve in 2017, we ask you to join your fellow Catholic Scouters in donating to this year’s Annual Appeal in support of the work of the National Catholic Committee on Scouting®. Any amount you give is appreciated!
You can make an online contribution at www.nccsannualfund.kintera.org/bsa or you can mail your contribution to:
National Catholic Committee on Scouting, Annual Appeal 64003-4810, P.O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75038
We thank you for making a difference in the lives of Catholic Scouts!
Sincerely in the Youth Ministry of Catholic Scouting,
George S. Sparks Rev. Kevin Smith
National Chair National Chaplain