About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
For more information about this Saint, check out the websites below.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 of the activities.
- Where and when was he born?
- What kind of work did he do until 1946, and what was his specialty?
- Where did he do the majority of his apostolic work? What was the title of his publication on the liturgy?
- On what day is his memorial celebrated?
- As a youngster, what was an opportunity that he never passed up?
- Discuss with your family or counselor some of the values that you admire most about Carlos Rodriguez . What is he known for? How can you be more like him?
- Draw a picture showing some of his accomplishments. Share this picture with your family.
- Carlos Rodriguez was convinced that “the liturgy is the life of the Church”. Form a prayer group. Read one or more of the following in your group. What did you learn? What should you do differently in your life because of what you read? (Matt. 18:15-35, Luke 9:57-10:1, Luke 14: 25-35, Mark 10:31-45, John 24: 1-49)
- Carlos Rodriguez served as an altar boy growing up in his faith. Discuss with your family or counselor the roles you can actively participate in at Mass, then signup and participate in that role.
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will complete the Patch Order Form (Online) and submit it along with the applicable fee to the NCCS. The answers to the questions should be reviewed by an adult for correctness and do not need to be forwarded when ordering the patch.