- A volunteer lay person appointed by the diocesan chairman
- This person should have experience with religious formation and Scouter Development.
It is recommended that the Religious Activities chairman:
- Develop, schedule, and carry out programs of religious activities that will provide every youth in Catholic Scouting with a personal religious experience combining the basic values inherent in Scouting and the Gospel message of Jesus Christ through the teaching authority of the Catholic Church
- Work with and through chartered organizations to promote involvement in these activities by all Catholic-chartered units.
- Coordinate activities with local BSA council(s) to avoid conflicting dates
- Collaborate with the communications chairman and others to reach Catholic youth and adults in units not chartered to Catholic organizations with the hope of enlisting their participation in diocesan Scouting activities
- Build relationships with diocesan and parish youth ministers to aid and coordinate Scout participation in diocesan events
- Initiate and give leadership in promoting an annual retreat for adults in the Scouting apostolate.
The following activities should be considered for diocesan development:
- Annual retreats for Scouts and Venturers
- Cubbing-oriented retreat events (Cub days, days of recollection, etc.)
- Vocational activities
- Programs that provide an opportunity for youths to engage in action projects that exemplify what it means to be a Christian in the world today
- Activities that educate and involve youths in World Youth Day
- Programs of Scout Sunday observance, pilgrimages, and investiture ceremonies
- Good turn service projects for the parish or chartered organization
- Chaplain service and field Masses at council summer camps, weekend camporees, Scout retreats, and other appropriate activities.
- Annual conference of religious and lay leaders at Scout camp.
Term of Office:
Recommended term of office is two years, concurrent with the chairman, and should be renewable.
- Program Planning Guide,No. 16-168
- Chaplain’s Guide in Scout Camps, No. 12038
- Local council activities calendar