- A volunteer layperson appointed by the diocesan* chairman
- This person should have experience with religious formation and Scouter Development.
It is recommended that the chairman for training:
- Schedule, promote, and conduct National Catholic Leadership Development training for adult leaders of Catholic faith
in Scouting - giving special emphasis to unit leaders, den leaders, religious emblems counselors,
chartered organization representatives, and Scouters at unit, district, and council levels.
- Work with and through chartered organization representatives to:
- Motivate unit personnel to participate in National Catholic Leadership Development training
- Encourage a true spirit of ecumenism, parochial responsibility, and Catholic leadership
within the units
- Use National Catholic Leadership Development as a tool to motivate and bring new adult leaders to the program
- Assist scheduling, promotion and conducting special vocational and orientation workshops for
Catholic leaders in Scouting
- Encourage unit leaders and other key Scouters to participate in district, council, and national
training events, seminars, workshops, roundtables, and other personnel development sessions.
- Encourage Catholic committee members to attend the Scouting in the Catholic Church training
course offered annually by the NCCS.
- Be familiar with and make effective use of reference materials (see list).
Term of Office:
- Recommended term of office is two years, concurrent with the chairman, and should be renewable.
- Staff Guide to National Catholic Leadership Development No. 16-164
- Guidelines for Securing Leadership, No. 16-161A-J (with job descriptions)
- The Scout Chaplain’s Orientation Workshop, No. 16-154
- Program Planning Guide, No. 16-168
- Publications Listing, No. 16-101
- The designation “diocese” in these documents is used interchangeably for archdiocese and eparchy. The text should be interpreted to suit the local situation.