A volunteer layperson appointed by the diocesan chairman or elected by the diocesan committee
It is recommended that the diocesan vice-chairman:
- Be familiar with all duties assigned to the chairman and preside at meetings during any absence.
- Assist implementation of committee operations including:
- Establishment and achievement of goals
- Promotion and extension of the Scouting program
- Maintenance of good communications and relations with local BSA councils, clergy, laypersons, and Scouting units in the Catholic Church.
- Be familiar with basic Scouting literature, including key items shown on the Catholic relationship�s Publications Listing No. 16-101
- Be familiar with the job responsibilities and expectations of all members of the committee, but give special attention to the chartered organization representative.
- Perform duties as assigned by the chairman.
It is recommended that the diocesan chairman specifically be delegated to:
- Contact all chartered organization representatives of Catholic organizations in your area of responsibility using the Scouting program on a scheduled basis to:
- Invite them to participate as active members of the Catholic committee
- Brief them on the job responsibilities and expectations of a chartered organization representative � use job description sheet, No. 16-161J
- Prepare the committee operating budget (see Financing the Catholic Committee, No. 16-147) and give leadership in developing possible areas of funding from diocesan and other sources
Note: If the COR is not able or willing to support the parish/ organization Scouting program as detailed in the job description sheet, (s)he should be replaced by a person who will give the time and effort required for the task as outlined.
Term of Office:
Recommended term of office is two years, concurrent with the chairman, and should be renewable.
- Financing the Catholic Committee, No. 16-147
- Guidelines for Securing Leadership, No. 16-161A-J (with job descriptions)
- Program Planning Guide, No. 16-168
- Publications Listing, No. 16-101