About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
For more information about this Saint, check out the websites below.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 of the activities.
- Where and when was she born?
- What tragedy happened to her and her people when she was four years old?
- Who was the person who converted and baptized her?
- Where was she forced to move to and what did she do there?
- What is the name of the association named after her?
- When is the Blessed Kateri's feast day celebrated?
- What special distinction does Blessed Kateri have to Catholic Americans?
- Discuss with your family or counselor, some of the values that you admire most about Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha. What is she known for? How can you be more like her?
- Draw a picture showing some of her accomplishments. Share this picture with your family.
- Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha found a place in the woods where she could pray an hour a day. Write a prayer, find a special place in nature and say your prayer.
- At the Christian colony of Indians Kateri lived a life dedicated to prayer and care for the sick and aged. Find a small feather and pin it to you shirt in remembrance of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha. Contact the volunteer coordinator at a local children's hospital or senior citizen home and arrange a visit. Bring some games to play. Share some laughs.
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will complete the Patch Order Form (Online) and submit it along with the applicable fee to the NCCS. The answers to the questions should be reviewed by an adult for correctness and do not need to be forwarded when ordering the patch.