About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
For more information about this Saint, check out the websites below.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 of the activities.
- When did she become a saint?
- What kind of upbringing did St. Katharine Drexel have as a child that led her down the path to help others?
- What groups of people did St. Katherine Drexel dedicate her life to helping and why?
- What was considered one of her crowning achievements?
- What prompted St. Katharine Drexel to devote her life to serving African Americans and Native Americans?
- When is St. Katharine Drexel's feast day?
- Discuss with your family or counselor, some of the values that you admire most about St. Katharine Drexel. What is she known for? How can you be more like her?
- Draw a picture showing some of her accomplishments. Share this picture with your family.
- Organize a food drive and donate the food to charitable organization in her name.
- St. Katharine Drexel lived her life to serve African Americans and Native Americans. What can you do in your community to assist others? Organize a fund raising event or service project.
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will complete the Patch Order Form (Online) and submit it along with the applicable fee to the NCCS. The answers to the questions should be reviewed by an adult for correctness and do not need to be forwarded when ordering the patch.