About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
For more information about this Saint, check out the websites below.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 of the activities.
- Where and when was she born?
- What community did she join? Where were they located? Who was its founder?
- In what hospital was she a supervisor? What was unique about this hospital?
- Where did she begin ministry in 1883 and what were some of her accomplishments?
- When is the feast day of Blessed Mother Marianne Cope?
- Blessed Mother Marianne Cope moved to Hawaii to help which ailing priest care for people with leprosy?
- Discuss with your family or counselor, some of the values that you admire most about Blessed Mother Marianne Cope. What is she known for? How can you be more like her?
- Draw a picture showing some of her accomplishments. Share this picture with your family.
- Collect some uplifting books, magazines, games or puzzles and take them to a children hospital in your area.
- Call your local hospital or nursing home and inquire into how you can volunteer. Assist with a service project that will help at least one person who is sick. Document what you did and share it with your family and friends.
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will complete the Patch Order Form (Online) and submit it along with the applicable fee to the NCCS. The answers to the questions should be reviewed by an adult for correctness and do not need to be forwarded when ordering the patch.