About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 of the activities.
- When and where was Mother Theodore born?
- How old was Mother Theodore when she entered religious life?
- Bishop Brut requested a religious congregation to teach in the U.S. Which diocese did Bishop Brut represent?
- Where in the U.S. did Mother Theodore and her Sisters settle?
- What was the name of the religious order Mother Theodore founded in the U. S.?
- What year was she canonized?
- Mother Theodore's major focus was education talk to your parents about when they were in school how was it different than what you do in school today?
- Mother Theodore believed in caring for the sick poor. Imitate her by visiting residents of a nursing home or hospital with your parent.
- Mother Theodore felt the care of nature was important for all. Draw a picture of your favorite part of nature.
- Mother Theodore understood that our lives were full of crosses. She wrote: Hail crosses, great and small, spiritual and temporal, exterior and interior, hail! Write your own prayer about the crosses in your life.
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will complete the Patch Order Form (Online) and submit it along with the applicable fee to the NCCS. The answers to the questions should be reviewed by an adult for correctness and do not need to be forwarded when ordering the patch.