About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 3 activities OR visit a Divine Mercy Shrine with your family or group.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 4 activities OR visit a Divine Mercy Shrine with your family or group.
- When and where was St. Faustina born? What was her birth name? How many children were in the family?
- St. Faustina applied to several convents before being accepted. What is the name of the order she joined and what name did she receive?
- Jesus appeared to St. Faustina several times from 1931 until her death in 1938. What was Jesus’ message to her?
- Where did St. Faustina die and in what year? What did she die from?
- What year was St. Faustina canonized and what is her feast day?
- What is Divine Mercy Sunday, when is it celebrated and why?
- Draw a picture, create a prayer card or make a small plaque that illustrates Jesus as the Divine Mercy. (https://www.faustyna.pl/zmbm/en/image/)
- St. Faustina worked as a cook, gardener and housekeeper. Volunteer to do chores at home, at school or in your parish. Have a cheerful heart while performing these duties.
- St. Faustina wrote in her diary about Jesus’ appearances to her and his message of the mercy of God the Father. Make your own personal diary and use it to write entries recalling difficult times, challenges and other times of need. After each entry, write the prayer, “Jesus, I trust in you.” Include entries on how you feel after prayer and confession.
- Jesus wants us to show mercy to others as proof of our love for him. We can show mercy through deed, word and prayer. Discuss these three ways of reflecting Jesus’ mercy and then demonstrate mercy to someone.
- Jesus taught St. Faustina how to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. With your family or group, pray the Chaplet. Words and video can be found at these links: https://www.faustyna.pl/zmbm/en/chaplet-ofthe-divine-mercy/, (http://catholicism.about.com/od/prayers/ht/Chaplet _DM.htm), (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5TGfisOKMM)
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will order the patch (Online).