About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions at:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 activities
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 activities.
- When and where was Mother Teresa born and what was her given name?
- What Religious Order did Mother Teresa originally enter, and how old was she?
- Where was Mother Teresa’s first ‘assignment’ and what did she do?
- On Sept 10, 1946 life changed for Mother Teresa – what happened?
- What order did Mother Teresa start – what is their mission?
- When did Mother Teresa die?
- When was Mother Teresa canonized?
- Mother Teresa loved and took care of the poor. She said: “When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.” Participate in a food drive or work in a soup kitchen to serve the poor of your community.
- Our Lady spoke to Mother Teresa and said: “Teach them to say the Rosary, the family Rosary, and all will be well.” Pray the Rosary with your family.
- Mother Teresa said: “Let us bring peace into the world by love and compassion, by respecting life, the most beautiful gift of God.” Participate in a Right for Life event. Share your experience with your family or group.
- Mother Teresa loved the poorest of the poor. Think of someone in your school, church or community who is poor in spirit – alone. Spend some time with them and share God’s love with them.
- Mother Teresa said: “We will never know how much good just a simple smile can do.” Spend a day remembering to smile to all you come in contact with. Share with your family or group how that made you feel and any comments you received.
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will order the patch (Online).