About this activity
The purpose is to help the youths understand more about Scouting and Catholicism in other countries and how they may differ from Scouting and Catholicism in the United States.
The patch insignia of The International Catholic Conference of Scouting (ICCS) is offered to all youth in grades 1-5 in recognition of demonstrated awareness of Scouting in the Catholic Church throughout the world.
This is a temporary activity patch that is worn on the right pocket of the Scout uniform.
How to start
- Answer the requirements below.
- Have a parent or adult leader review the answers for correctness.
- After completing the requirements, a parent or Scout Leader will order the medallion (Online).
A. Look up the definition of the word "Catholic" in the dictionary and write it out.
B. Plus, do any two (2) or more of the following:
- List 10 countries that have Scouting programs for Catholics.
- Earn the religious emblems proper to your rank or age.
- Know the name of the Patron Saint of Scouts and Girl Guides around the world and the date of his feast day.
- A modification of the Jerusalem Cross is used as a symbol of the International Catholic Conference for Scouting (ICCS). It is sometimes known as the "Crusader Cross", and is found on the International Awareness Patch. Draw a picture or take a photo of it and share this with your unit or family.
- With your parent, guardian or Scout Leaders visit a Catholic Church of a different national background or a different rite from your own.
Ordering of Recognition:
After completing the requirements, a parent or Scout Leader will order the medallion (Online).