About this activity
This activity is one of a series of religious activities that honor Mary, the Mother of God. The Church calendar for the United States includes nineteen commemorative Marian feasts. Each activity in this series examines one of the nineteen feasts and focuses on how and why the Church has honored Mary for more than 2,000 years.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. You can find the answers to these questions on:
Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 3 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 3 of the activities.
Adults - See flyer
- Who was Mary's Mother?
- What event is commemorated by the feast of the Immaculate Conception?
- On what day is the feast day of the Immaculate Conception? Is it a Holy Day of Obligation?
- Which Pope proclaimed the dogma regarding Mary as the Immaculate Conception? In what year?
- In what words did Mary announce herself when she appeared to St. Bernadette at Lourdes in 1858?