About this activity
This activity is one of a series of religious activities that honor Mary, the Mother of God. The Church calendar for the United States includes nineteen commemorative Marian feasts. Each activity in this series examines one of the nineteen feasts and focuses on how and why the Church has honored Mary for more than 2,000 years.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about Our Lady of Fatima. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 3 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 3 of the activities.
Adults - See flyer
- What is the feast day for Our Lady of Fatima and what happened on that day in 1917?
- What were the names of the children and what were they doing when Our Lady appeared to them?
- How many times did Our Lady appear to the people in Fatima? What happened during the last apparition?
- What were the 3 parts of the “secret”?
- What is the Immaculate Heart of Mary and who does she lead us to?
- Create a prayer card of Our Lady of Fatima with a drawing on the front and a prayer to her on the back. Share it with your family and friends
- With your parent’s permission, watch a video of a procession honoring Our Lady of Fatima. Sing along at the following site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuwXnR FLTo
- Pray the Rosary and after each decade recite the prayer that was requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima, known as the Fatima Prayer.
- Create a drawing depicting the Miracle of the Sun.
- With your parent’s permission, make a virtual tour to the Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in New York. http://www.fatimashrine.com/sgtour.html