About this activity
This activity is one of a series of religious activities that honor Mary, the Mother of God. The Church calendar for the United States includes nineteen commemorative Marian feasts. Each activity in this series examines one of the nineteen feasts and focuses on how and why the Church has honored Mary for more than 2,000 years.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about Our Lady of Guadalupe. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 3 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 3 of the activities.
Adults - See flyer
- In 1531 miracles began to happen. Who appeared to humble Juan Diego?
- When is the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe?
- Fill in the blank: Our Lady of Guadalupe is Patroness of the _____________________.
- What three miraculous signs convinced the Mexican people that the Catholic faith was true?
- What was God's purpose in choosing Mary to appear to Juan?
- Draw a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and share this picture with your family and friends.
- Attend a Spanish-speaking Mass and interview some of those who attend regularly about what Our Lady of Guadalupe means to them.
- Within a short time, six million Native Mexicans were baptized as Catholics because of what they witnessed and heard about Our Lady of Guadalupe. Attend a Baptism. What does Baptism do? Why is it important to be baptized? (see Catechism of the Catholic Church #1213)
- Create a poster showing the three miracles that happened to Juan Diego. Display this poster in your home or community for all to see.