About this activity
This activity is one of a series of religious activities that honor Mary, the Mother of God. The Church calendar for the United States includes nineteen commemorative Marian feasts. Each activity in this series examines one of the nineteen feasts and focuses on how and why the Church has honored Mary for more than 2,000 years.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about Our Lady of Sorrows. You can find information at:
Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 3 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 3 of the activities.
Adults - See flyer
- What was the original name of the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows when it was added to the Missal?
- What is the current feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows? When was this date designated and by which Pope?
- What are we called to think about on the Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows?
- Why is it helpful for us to think about Our Lady of Sorrows?
- What are the Seven Sorrows (Dolors) of Mary?