About this activity
The goal of this activity is to share the lives of several saints so that the youth might relate to what these people have done and maybe look to these individuals as role models.
For more information about this Saint, check out the websites below.
The answers to the requirements can be found here.
How to start
- Read about this saint. You can find the answers to these questions on:
- Feel free to use other resources.
- 1st - 5th Grades - Complete 4 requirements and 2 of the activities.
6th - 12th Grades - Complete 5 requirements and 3 of the activities.
- Where and when was Rose Philippine Duchesne born?
- When is her feast day?
- At what age did Rose Philippine Duchesne come to the United and what types of institutions did she establish?
- At the age of 71, Rose Philippine founded a school for whom?
- What nickname did the Indians give to Rose Philippine?
- During the French Revolution, Rose Philippine cared for the sick and the poor. Together with your family or friends, collect/raise money and give it to the less fortunate in your community.
- The Indian people that Rose Philippine served in Kansas came from Indiana. Read the history of the 1838 Potawatomi Trail of Death at:www.potawatomi-tda.org.
- Rose Philippine earned the nickname "The-Woman-Who-Prays-Always." With your family, pray a rosary for the intentions of the priests and sisters who work with the poor today.
Completion of the Activity
After completing the requirements, the participants will complete the Patch Order Form (Online) and submit it along with the applicable fee to the NCCS. The answers to the questions should be reviewed by an adult for correctness and do not need to be forwarded when ordering the patch.