- All Catholic youth and institutions make effective use of Scouting Programs for spiritual development and youth ministry.
Long Term Objectives
- Monitor and report the number and distribution of Scout units (and youth participation) sponsored by Catholic institutions throughout the United States, including Catholic parishes, schools, parish societies and groups and other affiliated church organizations.
- Develop and maintain appropriate standards and recognitions to insure the delivery of quality programming for Catholic members of the Boy Scouts of America reinforcing retention and growth for youth and adults in units under both Catholic and other aspic.
- Develop and maintain appropriate materials (with input from the NCCS, the Relationships Division/BSA and other resource groups) to enhance and increase membership of Catholic youth and adults.
- Develop appropriate membership workshops and other informational resources and programs for conferences, meetings and other special events.
- Maintain mutual relationships with Catholic Youth Ministers (NFCYM) and youth serving institutions (e.g., Knights of Columbus, National Catholic Education Association, etc.) that charter Boy Scouting Programs as directed by the National Chairman
- Promote membership growth programs including Golden Bow, Gold Medallion, Pope Paul VI Unit Recognition - annual promotion (mailing)
- Report Membership statistics and goals to the Executive Board
- Maintain a workshop(s) for presentation at annual conferences (PTC and Biennial) to develop diocesan Membership committee leadership and BSA-Parish relationships (COR).
- Develop programs to increase Cub Scout and Venturing units in parishes
- Provide research on Catholic demographics
- Develop specific programs to address maintenance and support of existing units and membership
- Review and update all Membership literature - Translate where appropriate
- Collect and promote examples of Scouting in culturally diverse environments.
- Promote the BSA "Scout Reach" program in Catholic institutions
- Develop a multi-cultural speakers list for national and regional meetings
- Identify Committee Leaders to accept specific functions (delegate)