- Create and maintain religious emblems programs for the different ages groups of Scouting.
- The Religious Emblems Committee shall develop, monitor, evaluate and promote religious emblems for Catholic youth and adult members of the Boy Scouts of America.
- The Committee shall develop support material to assist dioceses in effectively implementing and promoting the emblem program (e.g. training tools, promotional material, etc.).
- Encourage dioceses to properly train Religious Emblems Counselors
- Maintain the timeliness of the Religious Emblems Programs while keeping quality standards and training requirements
- Monitor and evaluate all existing NCCS religious emblem programs
- Develop and maintain promotional materials for religious emblems programs
- Prepare workshops for biennial meetings
- Ad Altare Dei refresh
- Develop counselor training aids to help counselors improve their presentation - assistance needed
- Encourage new members to join the committee with fresh ideas